Thursday, September 30, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
To contribute back to society, they have decided that 50% of their proceeds will go to the Dandelion Children’s Home.
As these students have never attended any Innovation and Entrepreneurship courses, they have decided to approach SST students for assistance.
As their ‘consultants’, your task is as follows:-
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
I&E Promotional Brochure (hardcopy)
1] Definition of I&E
2] Why should schools promote I&E
3] How has it been useful to students
4] Relevant images
Deadline: Thursday, 2 Sept 2010
Deadline: Term4 ,Week 1, I&E Lesson
1] Group presentation slides (8-12) for your product range(business proposal slides must include theme+reasons, taglines, description and selling point of products; images of prototypes/ sketches)
2] Mock-up and final sketches of products: you will be asked to modify your proposed products if found unsuitable/ too conventional. Try SCAMPER and Shape Borrowing.
3] Decide which items are to be made into physical prototype ( at least half your products), which will remain as sketches (Google Sketch, hardcopy)
4] Make sure the tagline is on all products.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Research on one of the following people based on your group-allocation. Why are they considered Social Entrepreneurs?
* Make a 4-6 slide Keynote Presentation to share with your class in the 2nd hour:
- Abigail, Aisyah, Kun Yao : Dr. Maria Montessori (Italy): Developed the Montessori approach to early childhood education.
- Catherine, Pranavi, Alpha: Florence Nightingale (U.K.): Founder of modern nursing, she established the first school for nurses and fought to improve hospital conditions.
- Amrit, Matthew, Samuel: John Muir (U.S.): Naturalist and conservationist, he established the National Park System and helped found The Sierra Club.
Why are the following ventures considered “Social Entrepreneurship”? What are their contributions?
Daniel, Jonathan, Adam -http://www.worldtoilet.org/aboutus3.asp
Zhixiang, Elijah, Vivek - http://give.sg/
Who are the following businessmen? Why are they also considered entrepreneurs? What do they attribute their success to?
Zhiyong, Wu Shen, Mirza:
Interview on “Charles and Keith”:
Kieren, Mohit, Kenneth
Interview with Mr Harish Nim:
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Games Stall [Classroom 105]
- Wii + 360 “beat high score”
- machines: Jonathan, Kieren, Matthew
- prizes: food vouchers + print [abigail,cath]
- redeem:1 plate of beehoon + 1 cup of drink;
- pricing of game: ??
- banner/ poster design at stall by: Wu Shen+Zhixiang+Mirza
- Price list poster by: Wu Shen+Zhixiang+Mirza
- Printing of posters: Teacher in charge by 6pm today or else send to Catherine/ Mirza to print
- Bee Hoon: $2 per plate [Kenneth]
- Brownie+ ice-cream: $2.50 per set [Aisyah]
- Brownie only: $1 per piece [Aisyah]
- Drinks: $0.50 per cup [Zhiyong]
- Chips: $0.50 per cup [Kunyao]
- Waffle: $0.50 per piece [Alpha, Cath, Abigail]
- Bundle:$2.50 for Beehoon+ Brownie
- banner/ poster design at stall by: Pranavi
- Price list poster at the stall by: Vivek + Aisyah
- Printing of posters: Teacher in charge by 6pm today or else send to Catherine to print
- Table decoration: Pranavi
100 Plates: Elijah
100 Cups: Elijah
100 sets Cutlery: Elijah
2 x Coupons collection boxes: Kieren + Zhiyong
Monday, July 19, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
1.Scenario (all posters must quote the scenario below)
NTUC supermarket and many other supermarkets in Singapore have been losing many trolleys each year due to the inconsiderate act of Singaporeans. This problem has caused the supermarkets to incur large cost.
2 Underlying cause
3 Solutions and criteria selected
4 Relevant Images and diagrams
- Action Plan: details, steps, research and people involved etc
- Images and diagrams: layout of supermarket, system, mock-up models, prototype etc
Group Report + cover page
To be printed out and submitted on Monday, 24 May 2010.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Please visit the blog to check your grades for the presentation on 'Sources of Innovation' once Vivek's group has presented.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
1) In your opinion, what is innovation and what is not? Based on the videos/ images/ class presentations you have seen so far, what is the best and worst innovation idea? Why?
2) Go to the internet and look for an image or video of a useful innovation. Enter the URL of the image/ video into the 'Comments' box below and describe in 40-60 words why you think it is a useful innovation. Pls feel free to provide more than one example and share the links :)
Pls keep your slides for this presentation as we will be collecting all task/ assignment materials from you to build up your portfolio and monitor your performance.